A delicious yet simple recipe that is so easy to bake. enjoy your freshly baked tea brack with a nice hot cup of your favourite loose leaf tea anytime!
- 450g dried fruit – mix of sultanas/raisins/currants as desired
- 55g chopped mixed candied peel
- 300ml Belfast Brew(1pyramid teabag brewed for 5mins)
- 225g soft brown sugar
- 450g sifted self-raising flour
- 55g margarine
- 1tsp mixed spice
- ½ level tsp baking powder
- 2 beaten eggs
The Night Before
- Place peel and dried fruit in a large bowl, then dissolve the sugar in the hot tea and pour over the fruit. Cover with a cloth and leave to soak overnight, allowing the fruit time to plump up as it soaks up the sweet, malty tea flavours.
The Following Day
Pre-heat the oven to 170°C, gas mark 3
- Rub the margarine into the sifted flour, add spices and baking powder. Add to the fruit and tea mixture with the 2 beaten eggs and mix everything together thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into a prelined 2lb loaf tin and bake at 170°C for approx 1hour 20mins
Sit back and relax with a cup of tea as your Tea Brack bakes.
- Remove from the oven, testing with a skewer or fine knife, and allow to cool on a wire rack
Best served alongside your favourite cup of Suki Tea. Cut into thick slices and spread with a generous serving of butter.