This recipe is the perfect balance of sweet and savory for an indulgent (but still healthy) pancake recipe
What you’ll need to make Matcha Green Tea Pancakes
Serves: 8 Prep time: 5 minutes
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter + extra for frying
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 tablespoons matcha powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
Optional toppings: this is where you can get creative!
- In a large bowl, thoroughly whisk together egg, milk, melted butter, sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Add flour, matcha green tea powder and baking powder. Whisk until combined and batter comes together. It will be thick and very green.
- Heat your fav pancake pan over moderate heat. Brush with butter.
- Grease a small saucepan lightly; heat over medium-low heat. Transfer 2 to 3 spoonfuls of batter onto the center of the pan, spreading batter with the back of the spoon.
- Once bubbles appear and pop on the surface of pancake, carefully flip pancakes and cook for another minute or so.
- Stack pancakes up and serve hot your choice of toppings you desire.
These matcha pancakes are an earthy twist on your average pancake recipe. Top off your stack with Greek yogurt, (chocolate), syrup, seeds, crushed nuts, or fruit - your choice here!
Maybe you are new to Matcha and want to work out new ways to include this super powered green tea into your diet? Well Matcha makes a great addition to your slushies, smoothies, shakes, energy balls and even cakes! We love its versatility - check out how to prepare Matcha here... Have a go, experiment! We'd love to see your pics, share them with us below or over on our social channels using the #sukitea