We are in the middle of Fairtrade Fortnight and some of the team have been baking us all some Fairtrade goodies!! We thought we would share the recipe for these super simple, delicious and Fairtrade Malteser Buns!
What you'll need:
- 100g Butter
- 200g Fairtrade Milk Chocolate
- 3 tbsp Golden Syrup
- 250g Crushed Digestive Biscuits
- 225g Fairtrade Maltesers
- Extra 100g Fairtrade Milk, White or Dark Chocolate as topping
1. Grab a large mixing bowl; Melt the butter, the chocolate and syrup together
2. Add the crushed biscuits and tip in the Maltesers (some crushed, some full size)
3. Mix together then tip the mixture into a greased baking tin and press down
4. Melt the additional chocolate and drizzle over the top, sprinkle some crushed Maltesers over the top, chill in the fridge until set, chop to size (the bigger the better!)
Wash your Malteser buns down with a lovely cup of Fairtrade Belfast Brew - the perfect accompaniment!
What is Fairtrade?
Fairtrade is about better prices, decent working conditions and fair terms of trade for farmers and workers. With Fairtrade you have the power to change the world every day. With one simple choice you can get farmers a better deal. And that means they can make their own decisions, control their futures and lead the dignified life everyone deserves.
Within the Suki Tea range we have some more complex tea blends and recipes, meaning that not every product we source and stock can actually be sourced as Fairtrade. However we are proud to report that 99% of our plain black tea, green tea and Earl Grey tea sales are Fairtrade Certified. Our aim is to reach 100% in 2018.
You can find out more on how to support Fairtrade by buying Fairtrade products here: www.fairtrade.org.uk