Last week we held our Fairtrade Breakfast as part of Fairtrade Fortnight! The Suki TEAm spent the night before hard at work baking for the breakfast (all VERY chocolately!) so we thought we would share with you a super simple and delicious Malteser Bun recipe!
What you'll need:
- 100g Butter
- 200g Fairtrade Milk Chocolate
- 3 tbsp Golden Syrup
- 250g Crushed Digestive Biscuits
- 225g Fairtrade Maltesers
- Extra 100g Fairtrade Milk, White or Dark Chocolate as topping
1. Grab a large mixing bowl; Melt the butter, chocolate and syrup together
2. Add the crushed biscuits (Zoë found the rolling pin/bag method best!) and tip in all the malteser
3. Mix together then pour into a greased baking tin and chill in the fridge until set.
4. Optional: Once set, melt the additional chocolate (Zoë used Fairtrade Dark Choc!) and pour over the top. Chill again until set, chop to size (the bigger the better!)
6. Wash down with a cup of Belfast Brew - the perfect accompaniment!
What is Fairtrade?
Fairtrade is about better prices, decent working conditions and fair terms of trade for farmers and workers.
With Fairtrade you have the power to change the world every day. With one simple choice you can get farmers a better deal. And that means they can make their own decisions, control their futures and lead the dignified life everyone deserves.