This is a delicious classic dessert with a modern twist. It looks super impressive but it is so easy to make!
For the meringue:
4 egg whites
225g caster sugar
2 tsp cornflour
4 tsp Suki Matcha
1 tsp white vinegar
1 tsp vanilla extract
240g whipping cream
Approx. 300g mixed fruits of your choice (We used strawberries, blackberries and pomegranate seeds)
- Preheat the oven to 150°C/300°F.
- Place a sheet of baking paper on a tray, then, using a compass and pencil, mark out a 23 cm circle, then draw a 13 cm circle within the larger circle. Turn the paper over and set aside.
- Make the meringue. In a dry, clean glass bowl, use an electric mixer to whisk egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gradually add the sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time until the mixture is nice and glossy.
- Sift in the cornflour and Matcha tea, add the vinegar and vanilla extract and gently fold through using a clean, dry spatula, taking care not to over mix.
- Carefully spoon the mixture between the two circles, distributing equally to create a wreath shape. Use a spatula to create waves and peaks.
- Reduce the heat to 120°C/250°F and bake for 1 hour. Turn the oven off and leave the meringue inside to cool completely.
- Once cool, carefully transfer the meringue wreath to a serving plate, then spoon the whipped cream over the top. Decorate with fruits and sift some extra Suki Matcha on top.
Maybe you are new to Matcha green tea and want to work out new ways to include this super powered green tea into your diet? Well Matcha makes a great addition to your slushies, smoothies, shakes, energy balls and even cakes! We love its versatility - check out how to prepare Matcha here...
Have a go, experiment! We'd love to see your pics, share them with us below or over on our social channels using the #sukitea or in the comments below.. Happy Jan!