Our Matcha lime slushies are the ONE this weekend!! A must try, simple recipe, with all the goodness from Matcha, plus (all the goodness) from the Rum too?!
We first tried these a couple of years ago at a local NI music festival and they went down a storm! So we thought it was only right that we shared the recipe with you all...
What you’ll need for this Iced Tea
- Matcha Green Tea
- Mint Leaves
- Sugar Syrup
- Soda Water/Lemonade
- 1 Measuring Spoon
- Plenty of Ice
- In your blender, muddle the mint leaves and lime slices, add the lime juice and a healthy shot(s) of Rum.
- In a separate cup, whisk your matcha in hot water, until dissolved, add and mix in your sugar syrup until it dissolves too.
- Add ice to the blender and combine the matcha mixture with the mint and lime slices, along with the lime juice, add this to the blender, blend until slushie!
- Pour your Matcha Mojito slushie straight into glasses, garnishing each with a sprig of mint and a lime slice (straw & cocktail umbrella optional)
What are the benefits of drinking it?
Once the Matcha reaches our cup we actually consume the tea leaf, instead of simply infusing it and removing the leaves, this means that Matcha packs a punch like no other, you are ingesting all the goodness. There are endless benefits. Matcha really is a super hero!!
- Detoxifying- Helps to eliminate chemicals from the body
- Antioxidants- Matcha has the highest antioxidant rating of all major superfoods. It has 1384 units per gram… That’s 125x that of spinach. Say hello to feeling invincible!
- High in catechins- Promotes weight loss, a healthy brain and a healthy heart.
- ENERGY- Here at Suki HQ we all feel like we are lacking in this after the hectic festive period. The combination of naturally occurring caffeine with l-theanine provides a stable and extended boost of energy without the usual jittery side effects of caffeine and stimulants. Helping improve your physical & mental performance, alertness and mood.
- Great for your skin- Matcha boasts many anti- inflammatory properties… You don’t just have to drink it, you can also try a face mask.
It can also be used to make lattes, smoothies, baked goods, and much more! Check out our recipes:
Got a question about Matcha? We are happy to answer it, just ask us below!