Looking for some baking inspiration this weekend? Look no further! Our Techincal Manager, Alex has been busy this weekend and has made some delicious Matcha White Chocolate cookies!
Luckily her boyfriend Scott is pretty handy with the camera and has created this fab, easy-to-follow video so you guys can give it a go at home…
What you’ll need:
- 140g butter (softened)
- 140g Brown Sugar
- 120g Caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 250g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 100g white chocolate
- 1 teaspoon SUKI Matcha Tea
- Pre heat oven to 160oC
- Mix brown sugar, butter and caster sugar together
- Mix in 1 egg
- Fold in the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda and SUKI matcha tea
- Mix in the chunks of white chocolate
- Roll the mixture in to balls about 65g (makes around 12 cookies) and place on a lined baking tray and place in oven (160oC) and bake for 14 mins
- Take out of the oven and leave to cool.
Enjoy your afternoon tea with these buttery, soft Green Tea Cookies with Matcha powder. The unique flavour of matcha tea in the cookies is surprisingly charming and very moreish!! We’d love to see your home baking attempts too, we’ve got lots more coming in the next few weeks – who new tea was such a versatile ingredient!
Matcha tea is so good as an ingredient, plus it's so good for you too! If matcha tea cookies aren't for you, why not check out a few other matcha tea recipes below: