|Chocolate Chai Tea Truffles|
150ml double cream
2 tbs of Mint Choc Chai
150g baking chocolate
80g cocoa powder
*Popping the loose-leaf tea into a tea-sac works well for this recipe as you want to keep the truffles as smooth as possible. If you do not have tea-sacs, do not fear! Just add the tea leaves directly to the cream and the strain out before adding the chocolate
- Place the cream in to a microwave-safe glass bowl or jug. Microwave 1 minute or just until it is boiling. If using a tea sac, just fill it up with 2 tbs tea and pop it into the in to the cream, alternatively just put the tea directly into the tea and then strain out afterwards. If using a tea sac, make sure to press the tea bag firmly with a spoon against sides of the jug to release flavor. Steep for 6 minutes before removing/ straining. If you want a strong mint flavour, just repeat the tea infusing process with new tea leaves.
- Add the chocolate morsels, and stir well until melted and smooth (you can always pop the mixture back into the microwave, for a quick zap if the mixture has cooled down too much).
- Place the mixture into the fridge and chill until the mixture is thick enough to scoop (should take roughly, 2 hours).
- Remove from refrigerator, and let stand 20 minutes.
- Using a spoon, scoop chai mixture out of the bowl and form into marble size balls.
- Roll the truffles in the cocoa powder.
Enjoy with a large mug of Mint Choc Chai... AHHH delicious!
Let us know @Sukitea if you give these a try or maybe you will be lucky enough to receive them as a gift this Christmas!