Have you tried our brand new 'Raspberry Ruffle' tea yet? So delicious, isn't it? We've created these delicious truffles by infusing the tea into cream and then adding LOTS of chocolate.... They're so good, you're not going to want to share them!
- 150ml double cream
- 2 tbs of Raspberry Ruffle
- 150g baking chocolate (chopped into small pieces)
- 80g desiccated coconut
*Popping the loose-leaf tea into a tea-sac works well for this recipe as you want to keep the truffles as smooth as possible. If you do not have tea-sacs, do not fear! Just add the tea leaves directly to the cream and the strain out before adding the chocolate...
- Gently heat cream in a saucepan on a hob. Once heated, put the 1tbs Raspberry Ruffle into a tea sac and set into the cream. Steep for about 6 minutes, before removing squeeze teabag with the back of a teaspoon.
- Fill another tea sac with another 1tbs of Raspberry Ruffle and repeat the previous process.
- Remove tea sac and add the chocolate pieces, stir well until melted and smooth.
- Once combined, place the mixture into the fridge and chill until it is thick enough to scoop (should take roughly, 2 hours).
- Remove from refrigerator, and allow to stand for about 20 minutes.
- Using a spoon, scoop the 'Raspberry Ruffle' infused choc/cream mixture out of the bowl and form into marble size balls.
- Roll the truffles in the coconut and voilà, you have delicious truffles!!
This month Raspberry Ruffle is our 'tea of the month', meaning it's half price.... the perfect time to give these truffles a go! If you try them out, let us know how it went by including hashtag #sukitea or mentioning us @sukitea in your posts.