We've been getting busy in the kitchen with our Autumn teas and our very own Hannah has created a delicious Spiced Pumpkin tea loaf- needless to say it didn't last too long around the Suki HQ kitchen table this morning!
200g all-purpose flour (sieved)
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp Spiced Pumpkin Pie tea
300g pumpkin puree (you can make your own or buy from a supermarket)
110ml oil (canola or vegetable)
2 large eggs
100g granulated sugar
85g brown sugar
Pinch of salt
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees
2. Cut pumpkin in half and wrap each half in tinfoil. Place in the oven to bake for one hour
3. While pumpkin is cooking you can line a loaf tin with parchment
4. Grind Spiced Pumpkin Pie tea into a powder. You can either use a coffee grinder or a motor & pestle. Ensure that powder can pass through a sieve
5. In a large bowl whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and ground Spiced Pumpkin Pie and set aside
6. Once the pumpkin is cooked, scoop the fleshy part out. Purée using a food processer, a hand blender or a Nutri-Bullet.
7. The pumpkin puree will contain a lot of juice. Line a sieve with some kitchen roll and squeeze the excess pumpkin puree through this.
8. In a medium bowl, gently beat pumpkin, oil, eggs, sugars, and vanilla.
9. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour the pumpkin mixture in the well. Stir just until combined (do not over mix) and transfer to prepared loaf pan.
10. Bake in the centre of the oven for about 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean. Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack. Allow to cool completely before slicing.
If you're making this recipe for your customers, why not share a photo on social media- we'd love to hear what they thought!