Inside today Suki Teacember Advent Calendar we have....... ah! it's our best selling Earl Grey Blue Flower Tea!
This tea is the ethical champion of our range with Triple Certified status. You can watch the video of how we blend our Earl Grey Blue Flower tea in our warehouse in Belfast Here. Classic Earl Grey Loose Leaf Tea is good, but we, at Suki HQ were not happy with standard issue synthetic bergamot - so we source and use the best organic Sicilian bergamot oil available on the market. A must try!
Suki Tea EARL GREY Blue flower Tea CUPCAKES
Makes 12 cupcakes
For the sponge:
- 3 Earl Grey pyramid teabags or alternatively 2 scoops of our Earl Grey loose leaf tea
- 3tbsp just-boiled water
- 80g unsalted butter, softened
- 280g caster sugar
- 240g plain flour
- 1tbsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 200ml whole milk
- 2 large eggs
For the frosting:
- 50ml whole milk
- 500g icing sugar
- 160g unsalted butter, softened
12-hole muffin tin
- Place the Earl Grey pyramid teabags into a bowl (or if using loose leaf tea put it into the Suki Tea stump teapot with an inbuilt infuser) add the just-boiled water, leave to brew for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, line a muffin tin with muffin cases.
- Use a whisk to mix the dry ingredients (butter, sugar, flour, baking powder and salt). Mix until the texture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Pour the milk into a jug, add the eggs and whisk until smooth. Add the brewed Earl Grey tea into the milk mixture. Remember to save the teabags or loose leaf Earl Grey tea leaves for the frosting later.
- Pour three-quarters of the milk into the dry ingredients and mix slowly until combined. Add remaining milk mixture and beat until all the ingredients have come together and the batter is smooth.
- Time to put the divide the mixture evenly into each case ready for the oven!
- Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes or until risen, golden and springy to touch. Leave aside to cool slightly in the tin before transferring to a wire rack to cool fully.
- While the cupcakes are baking, place the used pyramid teabags or loose leaf tea in a bowl with the milk and leave to infuse for a further 30 minutes to maximise the Earl Grey flavour.
- Whisk the icing sugar with the butter until no large lumps remain. Pour in the Suki tea Earl Grey-infused milk while mixing slowly, keep mixing until mixture is soft and fluffy.
- Divide the frosting between the cooled cupcakes, smoothing the tops and swirling in a desired design, sprinkle some loose leaf Earl Grey tea leaves on top!
We would love to see some pictures of your beautiful Earl Grey Cupcakes, send them to email@example.com or alternatively comment them on our Suki Tea Facebook Page
Of course you should enjoy these wonders with a Cup of Suki Tea Earl Grey Blue Flower Tea!