Position Production and Warehouse Assistant
Working Pattern 37.5 hrs /week Monday to Friday (8am–5pm. Exact pattern TBC)
Location Suki Teahouse Ltd, 155 Northumberland Street, Belfast, BT13 2JF
Employment Type Full time and permanent
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Production and Warehouse Operative to join our team at Suki Tea. We exist to grow a global community of loose leaf tea drinkers, an appreciation society of a great-tasting, honest cuppa. We place great value not only on our product, but also on our TEAm and this opportunity will set you on an adventure into the wonderful world of tea with a company that will encourage you to fulfill your potential, a company that is multi-award winning for both excellence in product and company values.
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, you will be working as part of our team in a busy production, blending and warehouse environment, to ensure that daily targets are met in terms of tea blending and packing to an excellent quality standard and warehouse duties to ensure stores run smoothly and orders are fulfilled to customer satisfaction.
Key Tasks and Duties
- Production of tea into Suki branded packaging whilst performing quality control checks and maintaining the highest standards.
- Assisting in blending of raw materials into finished blends
- Pick, pack and dispatch orders
- Accurate recording of production, quality checks, goods in/out for all stock rotation and traceability
- Participation in production and warehouse daily and weekly cleaning procedures
- To liaise closely and maintain a high level of communication with all staff in production and warehouse to ensure the smooth functioning of the business
- Any other duties within reason and capability as determined by management
- Hold a good standard of secondary education with a high degree of numeracy and literacy skills
- Minimum of 1 year’s experience working in a production and warehouse environment
- Level 2 Food Safety
- Experience of working in a production and warehouse facility within the food and drink industry with Quality Management Systems in place such as SALSA, BRC standard.
- Ability to operate a forklift
- Demonstrate knowledge of Health & Safety in the workplace
- Display a willingness and ability to work flexibly to ensure business needs are met as you will be required to operate in multiple areas of the business, tea manufacturing and packing, and warehouse, stores and dispatch.
- A good communicator and supportive team player
- Excellent organisational skills with strong attention to detail
Closing Date: Friday 21st September, 2018 at 4.00pm
Submit a cover letter - highlighting your eligibility for the post - and your most up to date CV
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By post: Suki Tea, Unit 6 Twin Spires Business Park, 155 Northumberland Street, Belfast BT13 2JF
Suki Teahouse Ltd is committed to equality of opportunity
The vacancy is also live on the jobcentre website www.jobcentreonline.com with a Ref number is 1392779.