We have less than a decade to at least halve the emissions and build climate resilience into business models, value chains and communities, for a sustainable future and economy. Businesses have incredible powers and with that comes incredible responsibility, one that we have never taken lightly.
Big ambitions start with simple steps so here’s what we have been doing over time:
- Plastic Free Promise - Converted all our tea packaging to plastic-free, home compostable in 2019 – removing 2.7tonnes of plastic packaging from going to landfill over a 1-year period
- Signatories of the BITCNI Climate Pledge and commit to reducing our emissions by 30% by 2030, and create our net zero carbon strategy.
- Benchmark ourselves through the NI Environmental Benchmarking Survey, demonstrating we are transparent and serious about internal reflection and identifying improvements to continue to make a positive impact on the environment.
- Winner of the Responsible Business Awards in NI ‘Marketplace Leadership Award’ for inspiring responsible customer behaviour and encouraging more sustainable lifestyles, and gaining ‘Green Award’ in the Environmental Benchmarking Survey, 2020.
- Member of the Environmental Leadership Team Environment Leadership Team | Business in the Community (bitcni.org.uk)
- When sourcing hold ourselves up to the high standards of independent certification bodies such as Fairtrade Foundation, Rainforest Alliance, and Organic certified products.
- Source our gas and electricity and waste disposal from the greenest certified renewable energy providers in NI
We’re stepping up on the climate crisis and are proud to be working with @BusinessinthecommunityNI on our environment and climate journey. #COP26NI